Follow @MoistMelodies

Thursday, February 21, 2013

"Take Your Time (Coming Home)" by fun.


Fun. has had a whirlwind couple of months. It wasn't too long ago that fun.'s first album, Aim and Ignite came out, to great acclaim. Their second album, Some Nights, came out last year, and was immediately successful. And it's easy to see why, as it's filled with beautifully constructed vocal pop songs, without skipping out on any musical talent either. But somehow their success, both on the charts and at the Grammy's, has turned the general opinion against them. I'll avoid going on a rant about how album sales shouldn't affect how much you like a band, but basically, I think fun. is a great band. I'm happy they're seeing success. I don't think they should have won Best New Artist, mostly because they're not new artists at all. But, there are some gems in their discography that I think may have been overlooked. "Take You Time (Coming Home)" is off their first album, and is the kind of song that proves to me that they are much than just hit-producers. This type of lyricism is notably absent from some of their more popular songs (I'm looking at you, "We Are Young"), and is something that I hope they return to in their subsequent work.


No comments:

Post a Comment