Follow @MoistMelodies

Monday, April 1, 2013

Spoon- The Underdog

This song is a testiment to human spirit, perserverence, and memory. Or at least it was in my case.  I had the melody of the song in my head, knew it had horns, and knew at somepoint it included the lyric "living room".  Despite modern technological advances, this was not enough info to find out the song title.  It was driving me insane, a feeling I'm sure you're all familiar with.  I was frustrated, down and out, sleeping in an alleyway, briefly detained, and became addicted to crystal meth, all in an effort to track down this song title.  then, one night as I was lying face down to sleep in a puddle of someone else's urine, contemplating my own mortality and coughing blood into a soiled Wendy's napkin, Jason Bateman walked by.  It was a vision.  I remembered his pretty good comedy Horrible Bosses, a film I had seen the previous summer.  I ran to an internet cafe, gave them my last nickel and typed the horrible bosses soundtrack into google.  Sure enough, there was the song, "The Underdog" by Spoon.  I listened to the song, made piece with my inner demons and am living happily ever after.  Hopefully this link saves one of you going through the same problem.
MOISTNESS LEVEL: LIFE-SAVING
Listen to it after the hop:

No comments:

Post a Comment