Follow @MoistMelodies

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Changes by Faul & Wad Ad

   If there's one thing musical element that I'm a sucker for, it's a prominently featured saxophone. Really just horns in general, but I think a well executed sax solo is among the most sacred of musical moments. Indeed, perhaps my greatest concert memory was the face melting sax solo at the end of "Midnight City" by M83 when we saw them in Central Park two summers ago. With that in mind, I don't care what your opinions about saxophone are; this song is the fucking bomb. Starts out with a somewhat standard house song opening, before you hear the vocal sample come in and you know it's on. Head starts bopping as the bass comes in, and then a little sax flirtation to get you primed. Then comes the "drop," if you will, which is basically a three minute long tour de saxophone. Goddamn. It feels silly even narrating it for you. This isn't the musical style we typically post here, but I don't care what kind of music you like. This is a song you will like. Your grandpa who only listens to Hank Williams? He'll be getting a Soundcloud account just so he can listen to this song again. I shit you not. Come Thanksgiving, I will be playing this for my gramps and I will report back with the results.
   But on a more informational note, Faul is from Paris, France, which has distinguished itself as a true visionary in the field of electronic music. As of now, his Soundcloud account shows he only has two songs released (I have included both of them for your audial pleasure), but this guy is clearly going to be a force to be reckoned with. That's all I've got for now, but keep an ear out for more of this guy. Écoutez after the break.

No comments:

Post a Comment